My favorite childhood memory, just like most others, is when I spent hours in the kitchen with my grandma making cookies and other goodies. Every year around the holidays, my grandmother would make everyone in the family a ton of goodies, from cookies, to fudge, to caramels, and popcorn balls. This time of year always made our house smell amazing. I had two favorites her brown sugar cookies and her no-bake chocolate oatmeal cookies, also known as, no-bake chocolate peanut butter cookies. I grew up eating these cookies without the peanut butter, but with or without, they taste amazing.
The ingredients you need in order to make these delicious cookies are; granulated sugar, unsalted butter, milk, unsweetened cocoa, peanut butter (optional), quick oats, and vanilla.
Combine the sugar, butter, unsweetened cocoa, and milk in a medium saucepan.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a rolling boil.
Remove from heat; cool 1 minute.
If you prefer to have peanut butter in your cookies, this is the time to incorporate the peanut butter, if you do not wish to use peanut butter, skip this step. Add the peanut butter to the mixture; stir to blend.
Add in oats and vanilla; stir to mix well.
Quickly drop mixture by heaping spoonfuls onto wax paper. Cool completely. Store in a cool, dry place.
No-Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup (240 milliliters) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (60 milliliters) unsalted butter
- ¼ cup (60 milliliters) milk
- 5 teaspoons (25 milliliters) unsweetened cocoa
- ⅓ cup (80 milliliters) peanut butter (optional)
- 1½ cups (360 milliliters) quick oats
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) vanilla
- 1.Place a piece of wax paper or foil on a cookie sheet. Combine sugar, butter, milk, and cocoa in medium sauce pan.
- 2.Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a rolling boil.
- 3.Remove from heat; cool 1 minute.
- 4.Add peanut butter; stir to blend (if used). Add oats and vanilla; stir to mix well. Quickly drop mixture by heaping spoonfuls onto wax paper or foil. Cool completely. Store in cool, dry place.
If Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies are your thing, you must try out these that are no-bake. No more standing over or near the hot oven.You no longer have to worry about having unsightly oven burn lines on your hands and arms during the holiday season. My Grandma had such a great idea inventing this recipe, and I cherish being able to make them also.